Sunday, June 27, 2010

Two Nights, one glorious day

There are certain things I know about myself.

For the sake of my mental health, every so often, I need two nights away with my husband.

Two nights.

Not one.

Two.

Don't get me wrong. One night is wonderful! It is so wonderful. But the problem is that it ends up being just that. One night.

Mornings packing, cleaning the house so it doesn't depress the holiday out of us when we get home, and thinking- we should get a bite to eat before we go. Arrive at the place usually around 3. Have a lovely, lovely time. But then, the next day, once you've packed up and eaten lunch and you hit that afternoon slump, you end up heading home. To a home that isn't quite as clean as you remembered. To computers and books and xbox and television and whatever is happening the next day. Not that these things are bad. But suddenly the holiday grinds to a holt.

But when you have two nights holiday- you end up with this glorious, completely-contained holiday day in the middle. And THAT is what I need right now.

Tim and I were trying to work out it.

First plan was for me to leave work early on Thursday- so that we could go somewhere for Thursday night and Friday night.

Commitment Saturday morning. Scratch that.

I didn't know what i could do! Then my scripture class was cancelled for Thursday and one of the lovely Mum's in my Bible study offered to run an end of year morning tea and prayer time for that day so I could take it off.

I enthusiastically told Tim: "We can go away Wednesday night and Thursday night".

Tim: "But we have "Food for Thought" on that night" (FFT is our annual big church dinner when people can invite their friends to hear about Jesus)

GRRRRRRRRrrrrrrr... (don't get me wrong- I LOVE Food For Though- but the timing is just...Grrrrrr)

We still haven't worked out exactly what it will look like- but we are getting our two nights. Even if it means starting our mini-break at 10pm on Wednesday night!

It has been a big year. And while I have had lovely holiday time in Melbourne, I have not had holiday time with Tim.

I need my one glorious day.
love B

No comments:

Post a Comment