Friday, June 11, 2010

My little book

Earlier this week I opened my novel. For the first time in ages. I thought I'd check how long. I opened up the properties in the document to see when it was last accessed. April 29th. Yikes!

I think I've talked about this before- but the times when I'm writing I'm happy, and my periods of non-writing are often when I'm stress, overworked, or down. I don't know what comes first: Does writing make me happy, or do I only write when I'm happy?

Regardless of which is which- I want to write more :)

I printed out my story so I could have a read of it hard copy to start working out what needs to be added. It was trippy. I accidentally printed it out in booklet form. And you know what! It actually looks like a little book. I sat on the train reading it thinking- this feels like a book! A book that makes only a little sense because large chunks of the story haven't been finished yet- but a book nonetheless.

So what are the stats?
144 pages
40,895 words.

My aim for this month is to make the changes that I have written onto my hard copy, and to finish writing up everything in my notebook onto my computer copy. And to fill in the small holes in the first half of the story.

The second half of this year? Write the bulk of the second half of my story. A scary but exhilarating prospect.
love B

No comments:

Post a Comment