Thursday, June 17, 2010

The fog lifts

It started with the Roses. It always does.

I didn't realise it at the time. But as I walked towards the office I looked up and there they were. The Roses. Bobbing away in the breeze, under a sky which had been blue for days. They were always there. But on Wednesday, I saw them. I hadn't seen them for weeks.

It wasn't what I would call an easy morning. There was lots to do, and lots of conversations to be had. My throat was tired and after singing and story telling and entertaining I was ready for a nap, not for work. But I grabbed myself some lunch and sat down at my desk.

I sat at my computer for around 30 minutes. Not working. I can't do this. I just can't do this. I thought to myself. Not just that I can't do the work that I knew needed to get done. I meant I can't do this job. I'm no good at it. It's too hard. I can't do this and life and everything else. I can't do this.

Just one email. I told myself. Send one email and then you will feel better.

So I sent one. And then I sent another. And then I opened up a document and starting listening what we would do at the Kids Club training day.

That actually sounds pretty good I thought to myself.

I kept working. I thought about Kids Club and all the great things that would happen. I thought about Scripture and Bible study. It was good. It was work. But it was good. And I was too busy doing it to tell myself that I couldn't.

Even then I didn't know.

It was this morning. The roses aren't the only sign for me. As I went for my walk I started singing. Singing in my head. Lolling along Glebe Point Road singing a song in my head. I had sung, I had listened to songs, I had even had them stuck in my head. But not this "I'm happy so I will sing" that I found myself in for the first time in weeks.

That's when I realised.

The fog had lifted.

When your feeling depressed and you loose your confidence, you don't always know what's going on. You know that it's happening, but you don't see the way that it creeps into every aspect of your life and colours it grey.

But when the fog goes away, when God in his kindness and wisdom helps you think true helpful thoughts and not negative lies.

The sky clears.

And you see the roses.
love B

1 comment:

  1. You're awesome Belinda. Thanks for this post - I love when gladness breaks through like that. And I love hearing about it aswell.

    Blessings,
    Mark

    ReplyDelete