Monday, September 1, 2008

Tim and I Post 3

Fi and I walked into the WBT (Wednesday Bible Talk) before it started. Fi, being the confident person that she was, bounded up to Tim to say hello, and I followed meekly behind. I said hi to him in a way that I thought was enthusiastic, but Tim read as quite cold. Well, clearly she isn't interested, he thought to himself!

After the talk we went to Hungry Jacks for dinner and we sat around talking. I really enjoyed it, and it was great to get to know Tim's friends.

So two weeks later, I found myself back again, and Tim and I continued to talk.

Two funny things happened in the process. The first was I told my friend Kirsten about Tim. But don't tell anyone, I told her quite seriously. The next time I saw her she said, "I've asked Steve Williams about him" (Steve is the staff worker at RMIT CU). I was mortified! She wasn't suppose to scout him out for me! She said she wanted to know if he was good enough! The information Kirsten had for me was quite useful. Steve said he was a really godly guy, who was very intelligent (though he pretended he wasn't). He'd make a terrific husband, and in Steve's words "he was a great catch".

Despite my frustrations at the way I had found out (though I'm very thankful now), this was very useful information. I felt like I knew enough about his character that I would say yes if he asked me out.

The other funny thing happened the second night I came to WBT. You see, Tim had told his mentor Ben that he was a little bit interested in me. That night, after Ben had left, he sent Tim a message "It's not that far to The Basin!". The Basin was the suburb in which I lived. Tim didn't know that, and so the message didn't make any sense to him. He showed it to Mike Veith, who didn't understand it either. He almost showed it to me to ask if I knew what it meant! But he didn't, and the story continued...

1 comment:

  1. You are hilarious! I am so glad that I know the ending! Now I just need all the in between parts! Thank goodness for caring friends who wanted to 'help' you 2 along the way! Love Meg

    ReplyDelete