Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tim and I Part 4

My memories of Wednesday Bible Talk are very dear. It was such a great time, brilliant talks, entertaining new friends, and of course time with Tim. Wednesdays were my favourite days, and I often found it so hard to concentrate at work, I was so happy! Again, and again I prayed "God, please make me sensible, and not silly". And to my amazement it worked. God helped me not to be constantly imagining Tim and I having a future together, to not imagine him to be something he wasn't. When I thought about him, I thought about what I actually knew about him, not what I hoped he'd be like. This was an amazing thing for me, and such a gift from God.

Meanwhile, several of Tim's friends started asking about me. "Belinda's coming pretty regularly, maybe she's interested in you?". "No" Tim assured them, "I think she's just here for the talks".

As the end of the year approached, Wednesday Bible Talk was going to finish up for good, and with it my opportunities to hang out with Tim. As this time approached, I found out Tim was actually preaching one week. It was on a week where I normal had Bible study, a fact we discussed the week before. But I really wanted to go, and I figured by turning up hopefully Tim would figure out I was interested and maybe make a move. I explained to my Bible study leader that a friend was preaching, and was excused from going. That Wednesday I was so scared! I really thought I was laying my cards out on the table. What would he do?

And so I turned up and heard his talk and it was wonderful! Tim is a very gifted speaker, but what I really appreciated was having a window into his relationship with God. And after the talk we hung out as usual and I wondered if he knew why I was there. That night he pulled me aside and said "I know this is normally your Bible study night and that you came to hear me and I just wanted to say that I really appreciate it."

He must know, I thought to myself. We had also worked out that night that we were going to both being going to NTE, a Uni student conference in Canberra. So I figured, if he was going to ask me out, it was going to be on NTE.

Had Tim figured out my oh so subtle hint. Of course not! He just thought I was being a good friend! I had probably moved up to equal first on his list of favourite girls ;), but he wasn't sure enough to ask me out yet.

Final installment tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. This story is great...yes I am a soppy loser who loves to hear others peoples love stories! You are so lucky that you are finishing this story tomorrow, otherwise I would have to withold lunch from you on Sunday until you finished it off!! LOL! Looking forward to catching up with you guys (and maybe we can squeeze Tim's side of the story out of him?)
    Bless you!
    Love Meg

    ReplyDelete