Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Time together makes the heart grow fonder

There is a saying, absence makes the heart go fonder.

I get it.

I understand the appreciation that grows when things are absent.

But the opposite is happening to me at the moment.

When we lived interstate, the times well I really felt the distance from family was special events, or times when I knew they were hanging out and we weren't there.  I spoke to my family once a week, and I really missed them and was glad for that one phone call.  But there was nothing I could do about it, and I enjoyed the 4 or 5 times a year we would see each other, even if I would have liked a few more.

Now?

Now a phone call a week doesn't cut it.  And I find myself missing my two families, even if I saw them last week.  I'm constantly missing them, wanting to hang out with them.  Wondering what they are doing.  Praying for them.

When they were a 1000 Ks away I missed them.

Now they are 10, 20 ks away and I miss them more.

Seems that time together makes the heart grow fonder too.
BG

No comments:

Post a Comment