Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

Happy Easter Folks!
I remember when I first started working- I finally got public holidays. When you are at Uni and you realistically worked 26 days a week (I know you have exams, but seriously, who works in the first few weeks of term anyway), and so public holidays (which you often didn't get anyway) just seemed like another day off to add to your billion other day offs. But when you work full-time and you somehow have to fit all the stuff you used to get up to into 4 tiny weeks, public holidays suddenly become very important, precious, and surprisingly long things.

Well, working in a church is a whole other kettle of fish!

This week has been the second craziest week I've had since I've started this job. There's been playgroup parties and puppet shows, working on my normal day off (which is doubly huge because it's my day off AND a public holiday), and lots and lots of tasks that needed to be sorted "Before the holidays".

But it's also been awesome. I love my job. But I'm very glad to have a more restful week.

As good as this weeks been, it's also been a bit sad, as I contemplate my first birthday away from my Melbourne families. Last year I had the best of both worlds, as we few down to Melbourne just in time to be shouted Indian dinner with Mum and Dad. But this year it will be just me and Tim.

Having said that- I'm very excited, Tim is making plans, secret plans, and I don't know what they are. I love surprises.

And I am also really looking forward to these next few weeks not just doing my job, but having time to actually think about what I'm doing. The what and the why and the how better questions.

Anyway, that is my rambling update on my life these last few weeks.

May this Easter be a great time for you to reflect of what it means that Jesus could say "I am the resurrection and the life, he who believes in me will live, even though he dies (John 11:25)
love B

1 comment: