Sunday, January 29, 2012

The gift of six months

I have not been blogging, but I have the greatest water-tight excuse!  We have no Internet.  I am currently sitting at my in-law, enjoying some precious webby time.  I have my blackberry, and I love it, but I would not love writing a blog post on those tiny keys.  But come tomorrow someone will do something that will mean that our phone will magically come on and our wireless machine will kick into gear and we will have Internet.

Our house is set up for living, but is far from unpacked.  But one thing that is ready is my writing desk.  We've set up the study so that Tim has his big desk, and I have my little corner desk.  It looks out the window, which is good, because I write better with a view, even if its just of the neighbours apple trees.  And it's mine.  It's the first time in our marriage we've had two desks and I am so excited.

As many people who know me will know, I left a job working at a church in Sydney to come down with Tim and plant a church.  And our plan was for me to spend some of my time church planting, and two days a week working for money.  I have been busy concentrating on the church plant.  And things are in the pipeline for work later in the year.  But for now, Tim has given me the gift of 6 months.

I realise that it is a gift.  A real gift.  I don't know many husbands who would insist that their wives take six months off to adjust to a new city, to recover from life, to enjoy reconnecting with friends.  And to write.  Can't forget that, Tim is always reminding me that this is time to write.

So I have my little writing desk.  A desk where I can finish my novel.  A desk where I can dream.  Where I can blog.  Where I can sit and start to jot down the many, many ideas I have for Christian articles, and books and posts.

It's been a big 4 years, and last year was a very tough year for me.

I am so excited by this gift.  This slow start. 
Love BG

No comments:

Post a Comment