Friday, April 23, 2010

Me at 13 Part 2

(Spelling mistakes have been left in for authenticity sake)

I think its an interesting exercise for Tim to get to hear something of my year 7 prayer diary. He recon's he can see a fair bit of the thirteen year old still in me!

Year 7 was a really shocking year. I had just arrived back from the US, and was surprised to find that life didn't suddenly turn out wonderful like I expected it to. I didn't have any good friends, and got picked on at school quite a bit. So much of my prayers were crying out to God- pleading with him to change my situation. It's interesting to compare it to now when I am faced with difficulties. My understanding of God is a great deal more sophisticated- but many of the raw emotions are the same. But as I read many of those sad and sorry prayers- I look at how God has answered them, the way he has cared for me. It's pretty cool.

Some of my reflections on God:
"God, your love for me is so great that even if I commit every sin I can you will care for me still"

"My Lord is the way to heven and theres no other way i would like to travel. Being in heven with Jesus cant be a boring thing".

"You don't want me to fear the future so help me to look forward to the good things and not dread the bad things"

My spelling was (still is) atrocious- my personal favourite is "anof". Think about it phonetically if you can't work out what I mean.

But probably the strangest thing is what I choose to pray for. I would usually talk about my day with God and pray for myself. Then I had a few people I would pray for everyday. And finally I would pray for a very random group of people who either came to me at the spur of the moment or were inspired by something that happened that day.

Some examples:
I pray for:
...People who play musical instruments
...all the engaged couples of the world
...People who can't praise you because of speech disabilities
...Those who have been badly affected by volcanoes
...those who have snow and don't want it
...Michael Jackson
...for those who have the power to blow up the world (that they think twice)
...those who have lost something of centermental value
...those who lose there job because of tretury
...famous people who have been put down by New Idea magazines- that you would keep them from becoming unpopular.

love B

3 comments:

  1. Hey Wow Belinda, what a cool record you have there! And I love that you prayed for Michael Jackson. Go Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious, Belinda! Touching and true... But also hilarious. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's pretty amazing..! I do random stuff like that too- but wow- it's great stuff!

    ReplyDelete