Monday, April 12, 2010

Knowing myself

One of the keys I've found so far in surviving the full-time (or almost full-time) ministry life is knowing yourself.

On Sunday night we got back from Kyck- a fantastic youth convention. I spent much of the weekend driving around with and hanging with three girls from our youth Bible study. It was great fun and a huge blessing- and encouraging to see them all struggling with the Bible and what it had to say about Life and what really mattered. I nearly went deaf with the volume of music they insisted on in the car, and didn't sleep very much- but my only tears from the weekend were tears of joy as a reflected on the amazing God that I serve.

Knowing myself, I knew that after that kind of weekend, after that kind of intense, crazy, happy adrenaline I was going to have a crash day.

It's today.

I'm sitting at work, on my lunch break. I feel like I can't do anything. I feel like there is no way that I'm going to get through the term ahead. I feel like I can't possibly fill all the Sunday School teacher/helper spots. I feel like its all going to crash around me. Even the weekend with all its blessings seems to be not quite as good as I first imagined.

One of the things that was talked about on the weekend is the fleetingness of life. I came away inspired to make the most of the life I have left. To make it count.

I woke this morning. I didn't want to make it count. I just wanted to sleep in and be miserable!

But I know what I feel is not true.

I know that God in his goodness will provide.

I know I will survive.

Today is my down day.

And knowing that helps me to keep it together.
love B

No comments:

Post a Comment