Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Cooking

WARNING TO FAMILY MEMBERS- CHRISTMAS TREAT SPOILER ALERT!!!!



When Tim and I first started working in ministry- it occurred to me that Christmas cooking would be a cheaper way to deal with the struggle each year to scrounge together enough money for all the gifts. So, with every Christmas magazine I could find at the time, I pulled together a list of interested Christmas gifts to make for relatives. As my sister and my Mum are not sweet tooth's and so wouldn't be such fans of that kind of thing- I recruited them to help with the process. And so a tradition has been born.

I love it. I love the process of choosing what we do. And I love the chance to cook with and for my dear families.
The first item on the agenda was biscotti- as I felt like giving our "present plates" a sophisticated edge. One thing I learnt from my collection of I think about 8 different Christmas magazines is that almost anything can be Christmasy if you just have the right ingredients or colours. Cranberry and Pistachio biscotti- surprisingly easy!

Second item was another "Not-really Christmas but we can just make it green and red and no one will mind" item. Turkish delight! I'm a little nervous about it's chances (last i heard it was still yet to set), but the idea was so cool that we couldn't resist!


Candy Cane merrange (sp). We were a bit sceptical about whether we could match the cool red food colouring swirls that the magazine suggested- but I think they turned out pretty good.


And finally- the truffles. Sandy had organised some of her youth group girls to join us on cooking day- it was lovely to meet them and it great having them on board


Have I mentioned lately that I love Christmas?

love B

No comments:

Post a Comment