Sunday, January 11, 2009

Things I've learnt last year

A few people I've noticed have been listing the different things that they have learnt over the previous year. I thought I'd join in the fun!

1) That cockroaches are very, very fast. If you scream, call for your husband and panic- they will be gone long before he gets there to help. There isn't time to even decide what is the most prudent form of distruction. You just grab whatever is within reach and THWACK!

2) That, despite three years of expressing the contrary- having a tidy house is worth it. The lack of crazy 6am starts trying to madly get the place presentable for the guests that are coming over that night has been a rather pleasant change.

3) That of all Tim's wonderful characteristics- one of the most precious and least appreciated by me before last year is his ability to laugh me out of sadness.

4)That when you are struggling to trust God with your life- that's a great time (though there is no bad time!) to turn to the Gospels of Jesus and look at the character of God in the flesh.

5)That writing Fantasy is a great deal more complicated that I ever envisaged! I spent so much more time thinking about my story than actually writing- and I needed too! But its also heaps more fun than I thought it would be too.

6) That with God's help I can be self-controlled about eating.

7) That God really does provide. Not always in the way that I expected- but when I look back over the year that has been, I can see his loving care towards me and Tim.

Thankyou Father for 08. Amen
B

No comments:

Post a Comment