Friday, January 30, 2009

So Long and so short!

Thursday was Tim and my 4 year anniversary. We had a lovely night away in the Hunter Valley- and despite the excitement of a little "creative" navigating on behalf of google maps- we had a wonderful time when we finally got there ;)

We were talking about how weird it seems that we are at four years. It seems both too long to be right, or too short.

Too long because four years to us sounds like so much time. Two Thirds of high school, all of Uni. Surely that much time can't have passed since our wedding day?

But then it also seems really short- because there is such a comfortable, normal, familiarity to our relationship that makes me think: "Only four years. I feel like we've been together like this forever".

I am very thankful to God for getting us through these last four years- still doing what we promised four years ago. And of course thankful for such a wonderful husband to begin with!

As to the rest of my life- my new job has started, and while I'm still feeling a little overwhelmed with new information and systems and jobs to do- I am very, very thankful that I have had God to help me through. Can't do ministry without him for some reason! Please pray for me, that I will serve him well in my new role.
love B

No comments:

Post a Comment