Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Welcome to my new blog!

Four years ago I was chatting with a friend about living away from home.  I had moved from Melbourne to Sydney to study at Bible College with Tim, and she had moved from Brisbane to study at that same college.  She had started a blog as a way of keeping people updated on her happens, particularly to help them to know what best to pray about.  I thought this was a great idea, particularly so that I could share what I was learning over that time.  So I began my original blog bgsydneyside

Now, four years on, the Sydney adventure is over.  And while I haven't found myself to be the most consistent of bloggers in this time, I've found it a really helpful to have a public forum on which I can reflect and express my experiences.  And so I decided that moving back to Melbourne was the perfect opportunity to start a new blog.

I realised that there were things I wanted to do on this blog.  I wanted to be able to talk about the everyday things of life.  I wanted to be able to share my experience of attempting to write and publish my first novel.  And I wanted to be able to talk about God, and my experience of serving him- particularly in our new life as church planters.  Particularly on that last point, I have been thinking lots about how eternity effects how we live in the here and now.  This lead me to the idea of a blog devoted to my three worlds: Melbourne, my novel fantasy world, and heaven.

I know better than to promise that I will write every day, or to promise that I will talk equally about each of these categories.  But I figure this will be a good opportunity for people, be they in Sydney or Melbourne or anywhere else, to have a richer picture of my life than a few flimsy facebook stati might provide.  It is also a chance for me to record something of this stage of life that God has put me in. 

So thank you for coming for a visit!  Don't feel any obligation to keep reading- but if you would like to feel free to press the button on the right to follow.  Or just come and check every so often if you would like.

I look forward to sharing my three worlds with you.
love BG

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I look forward to keeping up with how you're going.

    Glad you got home safely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially look forward to reading your novel!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Belinda :) Hope you don't mind me following! Wish I could have seen you before you moved back to Melbourne, but I haven't been to Sydney since July.

    All the best with your writing endeavours! That's so exciting. I'm actually trying to write a book too (did I just say that out loud?), so I appreciate the dedication and motivation required for such a project.

    God bless you and Tim in this next phase of your lives :)

    ReplyDelete