Thursday, July 14, 2011

Kids Club

There is something really special about working with a team to share the gospel.  Kids Club this year has once again been a huge effort and lots of work. But I've been so encouraged.

I've been encouraged by our teens who are putting up their hands and doing a remarkable job of not just being helpers, but leaders.  Having lead most of them for three years, and having got them "tagging" along when they were in year seven, it is great to see them in year 9 really taking initiative.

I've been encouraged by people who would never call themselves 'kid' people, who non-the-less volunteer and come along and make a real contribution.  Even taking off work so they can help!

I've been encouraged by the servant hearted nature of everyone- who are so ready to stop and help a kid that's sad, or to drop everything and set up a game, or tidy a room.

And I've been encouraged by everyone's thoughtfulness.  Today because I had said the day before I had a sore throat, one of the leaders made lemon and honey drinks for everyone in the morning.  A lady in the kitchen bought ingredients and made wraps for every member of our team for lunch today, with no prompting- just out of the kindness of her spontaneous heart.

It can be scary leaving a ministry job, wondering how things will go without me.  I need to keep remembering that God is in control and he is the one who provides and grows people.

But I'm also reminded that am leaving a committed group of Godly, fun, special people.  The kids club is in some wonderful hands.
love B

No comments:

Post a Comment