Saturday, April 23, 2011

Moving home

There are so many things that make me excited about moving home to Melbourne.

I'm excited about the \church plant!

I'm excited about being able to actually follow AFL again because the games are on at a decent hour (or not to far away to attend in person!).

I'm excited about being around my wonderful families.

I'm excited that I am moving into a Unit that I already know and love, that I already know where I am going to shop and where I will go on my walks.

I'm excited about being ten minutes away from Fi!

And I'm also excited about being around for family things.  Each Easter my parents travel up with their friends and stay at the King Valley.  They usually bike ride to the Milawa Cheese Factory and meet my Aunt, Uncle and my Cousins.  (If you ever get a chance, go there.  It is such awesome cheese!)

My cousin Kate, who was the flower-girl at my wedding and is now 10 years old, sent me a message on my Mum's phone when they were hanging out.  At first I felt my normal sadness that once again living in Sydney I was away from all the fun, and particularly missing out on spending time with my beautiful cousins.  But then I realised that next year I could go!

There will be lots of really sad things about leaving.  People and ministries and places that I have become attached to.

But so many good things too look forward to!
love B

No comments:

Post a Comment