Sunday, November 1, 2009

Slug Sluggard

As long time readers of this blog would note- one of the first rude shocks that awaited us on our arrival to Sydney was Cockroaches. Tim and I, it might surprise you, are not the worlds biggest fan of these little critters. In fact, we don't like them very much. And while my fear levels have diminished somewhat (through over exposure) we are very glad to find that for some reason, despite the hot weather, the cockroach population of Stanmore have decided against taking up residents at our house. We are not sure if it's because of our super sonic cockroach repelling beeping machine, or just because we don't leave food scraps around (as much).

But a new friend from the disgusting brotherhood of bugs has taken over.

Slugs!

Now, about 3 months ago, in the dead of winter we began to have slug sightings. Now, I have to admit that I don't like slugs very much. Strange hey, what's not to like? But seriously, the worst thing is that in order to kill them by squashing, you have to put up with a squelch. I hate the squelch.

Thankful the slug sightings have reduced, but we now have an even more disturbing problem.

Slug trails.

You know those shiny trails that slugs and snails leave on the ground that look kinda pretty in the sunshine? They don't look so pretty in your house. Particularly because you know exactly where the slugs have been hanging out while you've been sleeping

These are the sightings I've recorded so far:

-On the lino (not so bad)
-On the carpet (again, not so bad but...)
-On any tea-towel I leave on the kitchen bench
-On any sponge I leave in the sink
-On my cake cooling rack.

Does anyone know where I can get a super sonic slug repelling beeping machine?

Of course, I could just clean the kitchen more thoroughly so that the bugs won't in anyway be attracted to the bench?

But I'm a sluggard.
love B

No comments:

Post a Comment