Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Cross

Hi Friends,
I am not having the best of weeks. Just one of those weeks, not that different from the week before, but one where I feel overwhelmed with study, my own sin and my prayers not being answered. God has come through in so many ways this week and yet...I am so glad this week is over.

But today was also the day when me and my friend Jen got to dramatically tell the Crucifixion story. Jen was in tears during her bit- she choked up as she spoke of Pilot who had Jesus crucified purely out of fear of the crowds. And I told of the actual crucifixion. I choked up as I spoke of Jesus breathing his last: him, my God and my king, my saviour and my friend. My perfect, perfect God- and they murdered him like a criminal. It was such an amazing opportunity- and it changed me. And I looked back over my yucky, yucky week and I thought- Jesus died for me. And it was still a bad week, but it was bearable.
His grace is sufficient for me

2 comments:

  1. Hey Belinda,

    I stumbled across your blog from the "In All Honesty" blog (don't know how I got there!). It's Sandy's friend Andrea from uni.

    Hope you are going well in Syd and that you are enjoying your study.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi B! Hi Andrea!

    *BIG HUGS*

    What a wonderful, enormously moving experience that God has given you B. Imagine what it will be like when we see him face to face?!?! I think I'll bawl for a few days.

    ReplyDelete