Thursday, March 27, 2008

Dear Friend,
Hmmm, even as I'm writing this I'm not sure this is such a good idea! Another thing to distract me from study ;)
But after thinking it through I have decided to start a blog. Not only because I love writing and communicating with people- but because of what I'm doing. Studying the Bible every day is an incredible thing- and I'm overwhelmed with the generosity of God for letting me do it. And I find I have so many great and new thoughts running through my head that I want to share.

So I'm starting a blog. This blog will be like a normal blog- sometimes the ramblings of a person who just feels like sharing/talking (and I like talking alot ;). But I also hope that it will broaden out my experience so its not just me who is learning from God's word but that my friends who read can know what I'm learning and hopefully get some of the benefit that I am receiving.

Don't feel like you have to look at my blog if you don't want to- I won't be offended. But if you would like to know a bit about whats happening in my life feel free to pop-in for a visit anytime.

When I think about all the things in life that I want and all the things that I don't have I get really grumpy and introspective. But when I look at my life in terms of what I have and how God has blessed me I feel overwhelmed- like God has just piled treasure after treasure that I don't deserve and that most of the time I don't even appreciate- and that he and his son are the greatest treasure of all. These feelings are both really strong at the moment as I miss so much of Melbourne and hope for so many things that may or may not be- and as I struggle to comprehend just how uber cool it is that I get to study again (I'm a nerd so that's actually a really good thing). And not only study- but study the most interesting and important thing in the history of the world- its maker. So selfishly this blog is an attempt to grow in my contentment as I praise God for study. But I also hope it will be fun and encouraging for you- and this is my prayer.

Well, those are the plans but:
"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps" Proverbs 16:9

love
B

No comments:

Post a Comment